We’ve lined a great deal of ground during this AEM trade consultant article series. If you’re following in conjunction with ME, you recognize the 2 necessary things your exhibit program ought to deliver, the importance of shaping outcomes, by selection attracting the proper audience, and the way to manage your visitant expertise.
If ROI is that the name of your exhibiting game, and you’re not closing deals on the show floor, the important product of a display is leads. raise any shower why they exhibit, and you’ll realize lead generation is sometimes within the high 3.
Yet, trade statistics tell a special story:
- eighty seven of show leads ar ne’er effectively followed up. (Exhibit Surveys)
- seventy six of sales individuals read display leads as cold calls. (Exhibitor Magazine)
- the common shower takes twenty six days to vet their show leads. (Fish Software)
- just one of four exhibitors grasp what becomes of their leads. (CEIR)
Poor lead management not solely limits or prevents an organization from obtaining ROI, however it can even negatively impact a whole within the market. Worse yet, it will limit the worth attendees get from their time within the exhibit hall.
Here ar seven actions you’ll be able to go for improve lead management for your next show.
- outline what’s and isn’t a lead: Business cards in fish bowls, and scanning badges with no engagement aren’t leads. Having personal interaction, asking queries, capturing additional data, and gaining agreement to a next action creates a high quality lead.
- Set clear and firm lead goals: every staff member ought to be in control of a minimum of one qualified lead per hour within the booth. And someone has to monitor this at the tip of every shift, day and finish of show.
- Develop a lead qualification method and integrate into your capture device. raise your sales, dealers or distributors, what data they have to higher perceive and appreciate the worth of a lead. Then, make sure the data is integrated into your capture device.
- Train your employees on the qualification method and use of the lead capture device. Train your booth on guiding conversations by asking the proper queries – within the right order – and victimisation the device to capture lead data and next actions.
- Develop a lead grading method. Not all leads ar created equal. Use 3 or four criteria, such as: project or pain purpose known, budget/funding, timeframe, and shopping for authority to grade leads as A – B – C.
- Track lead progress a minimum of at 3 regular intervals once the show. take into account the length of your sales cycle and also the frequency of the show to line firm coverage dates. perhaps 3 months, six months and 9 months once the show. Or no matter is sensible for your scenario. Then integrate these coverage dates into your CRM system.
- produce contests to encourage lead follow-up and coverage. to make excitement, competition and gain compliance with lead follow-up and coverage, tie a contest to every of the 3 coverage dates. Reward the person with most in-person visits for the primary date, most quotes or proposals for the second date, and most deals closed for the third date. build the rewards ascend in price and be in line with the worth of a client or sale.
By implementing these seven lead management practices, you’ll get higher quality display leads, convert additional to sales, and be able to live exhibiting ROI.